|Average Customer Review: ( 22 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
43 of 50 found the following review helpful:
I like Ju Ju Be - but this is their worst bag!! Feb 27, 2010
By S. Smith
I love Ju Ju Be products and think most of them are worth the money. The Major is NOT one of them.
I am a mom of 2, my youngest being 6 months. The reason I wanted this was to fit all of my "must haves" (cell phone, license, money, credit cards, keys) in one small bag that I can transfer to and from diaper bag, purse or just carry on it's one when going out for some quick errands. This is what Ju Ju Be claimed The Major is. Well, it isn't.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE BAG:
1. The outside zipper pocket is smooth to open. Not too big but perfect for change.
2.I love the Lotus pattern and the stain resistant bag.
3. Little mirror. I really don't use it much but it is a nice litte extra
WHAT I DO NOT LIKE:
1.Cell phone pocket in the front. I have a Droid Eris (love it!) which is much smaller than the Iphone and regular droid. I have to push my phone into this pocket HARD to get it in there which means it takes 2 hands and some manipulating to get it out. Flip phones would NOT work either because the pocket while long is so skinny, maybe a 3/4" depth at most. Any phones that have gel protector frames on them would be impossible to get in and out of as well. But the WORST part is that there is a snap to close the pocket. Why would anyone want to push down and snap down on their cell phone??? Most phones have large screens these days (except the flip phones which won't fit in there anyway) and it could do MAJOR damage to the cell phone. It should have been a magnet or velcro at the very least. Snaps and cell phones do NOT work Ju Ju Be.
2. The extra sleeve for pictures/credit cards. What is it with Ju Ju Be and their picture holders? I don't know about you but most mommies that can afford Ju Ju bags have cell phones with cameras on them. This is how moms show pictures these days. Sad but true. So anyway, this very large sleeve holds 2 pictures (useless) and 6 credit cards - that is is. Most wallets that have this have a checkbook insert with credit cards slots on both sides. This is a lot of used space for not much. Plus as another reviewer stated, it is very hard to run the zipper around it. The bag is slighly rounded, this extra piece is not and it sticks out.
3. Little change area inside - useless, can't get a finger in it. Not sure what you would use it for.
4. Two areas for lipstick is okay but I rather have one little pocket for just one instead. Trying to take out and put back a lipgloss in that stratchy loop takes skill with 2 hands and a little bit of time. Two things that are hard for moms on the go. You want to something that is just quickly to put back in and out so I find myself just putting it back in the outside change pocket.
5. Zipper. It goes around 3/4 of the bag so again, it is a pain to get into. Then when it is open, it is ALL THE WAY OPEN like a massive bi-fold, so you have to hold it with one hand. Plus the entire zipper area is raised around the edges so getting into the billfold and taking out credit cards is a pain because you are constantly hitting this edge.
7. Key holder. I understand the concept in their diaper bag. A cord to put your keys so you don't lose them thru the massive bag of stuff. But the MAJOR isn't huge and you can not really place your set of keys inside on the cord. At least people with big remote keys for their car. You can keep it hanging outside but it is noisy and annoying.
8. Both straps. I would much prefer the wristlet to either be a smaller loop or preferably be like a camera wristlet that you can move back and forth to tighten it on your wrist. Why have a have a wristlet if it doesn't stay on your wrist? The purse strap is to rigid. It looks in the fold up position all the time and really there is no where to store it in the bag so you have to decide whether you want it hanging off or not. I like that they give you the option but neither feel comfortable.
8. Overall there is just not enough places to put things and it just seems too frumpy overall for something that is supposed to be small and compact. If you take out the photo/credit card sleeve, you only have one place for license and 2 other spots for credit cards. Just not enough. There is no area to just throw something small in. Everything has a place which at first looks great but you find you WANT a place to throw something in there every once in awhile.
I give it 1.5 stars. Not worth the price AT ALL. Baggallini bags have much better options for better prices.
26 of 32 found the following review helpful:
A HUGE dissapointment..... Sep 05, 2009
This is very, very disappointing. I gave it one star just because you have to give something, but it doesn't deserve even that, really.
I used to have th Ju Ju Be Be Mine - and was very happy with it for about a year. The only thing I was missing - there was no space for the phone. So when I saw this one, I thought - I have to have it, this one has it all. WRONG!
First of all - it has this stupid removable center divider. OK, so I don't need the space for pix, because I think its lame (but it's just me really), but I could use the card slots. But this thing is just too bulky! It kept sticking out, and I had to fight it to close the wristlet every time. Eventually I decided just not to use it, thinking there is still enough space for cards and not having the divider will give me some extra space for the keys.
WRONG again - the key fob, this addition to the Be Mine has to stay inside by the design with the keys on it. Well, you know what? Even a small bundle of keys won't fit in there, even after completely removing the divider. The bag just wouldn't close. You'll need to have ONE very flat key for the fob to be useful, kinda. I only have a key to apartment - one key and car keys - really, not that much. If I only had the apartment key, it may have worked. But seriously - you make products for mothers - is one key would be all a mother has?! And of course, I can leave the keys to hang out there, as with the Be Mine, but then - what is the key fob for? Just to stick in there with no purpose - well, this is a nice addition.
I find the little change pocket (the one by the mirror) completely unusable, it's too small. I'm a small person with small hands, but I can't even fit my pinky finger in there, let alone extract coins. The mirror makes the pocket not flexible, which complicates things even further. To make a pocket just to say - you have a pocket there?
And - this wristlet has sturdy walls, as opposed to the Be Mine, so for me it's a minus. I have a garage opener I used to carry in the Be Mine, and I can't put it in there - it's too tight and keeps opening the garage door accidently.
And eventually - the phone pocket. In my opinion it's a very bad use of space there. If it would open to the side, instead from top to bottom, you could use more of the space in this pocket. Because the way it is now - the upper part is just empty, covered with the lid. And it doesn't look so good with the phone inside - just not proportional.
Overall - I'm very, very disappointed, thinking about returning it. If you have the Be Mine - don't switch - it's not worth it.
Hope this helps.
6 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Exactly What I Was Looking For! Feb 25, 2011
By L. Wade
I LOVE this bag! I was looking for a wallet (with strap) that I could keep in my diaper bag but also be able to carry it around by itself if need be. (Sometimes I'll run into the store while my husband sits out in the van with the kids or we might separate at the mall, etc). The short and long straps that come with this wallet are awesome, and the shadow waltz print is beautiful. I can fit my cards, cash, phone, pen, coupons, keys and lipstick in this wallet and carry it like a purse when needed. It's great! I previously used a "My Big Fat Wallet" and this is comparable in size. It fits nicely inside one on the interior mesh pockets in my Ju-Ju-Be Be All. The outside phone pocket fits my Blackberry and closes via a snap (I lock my keypad so the snap isn't a problem). I believe that you're not supposed to keep cell phones near a magnet, so that's why they made this pocket with a snap instead. I'm very happy with this purchase.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Be Major = Best Wallet Ever! Jul 25, 2011
I've owned many different wallets (from Coach, Dooney & Bourke, Ju-Ju-Be and a bunch of "no names"). This Be Major is by far the best that I've had. Not only can you get it in a cute print (or my new favorite Ju-Ju-Be Earth Leather) but it's completely functional and holds everything you could need a wallet to hold. I'm a notorious over packer too and this Be Major can hold it all.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Jun 28, 2011
By Amy Brown
SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS WITH MY BE PREPARED! IT FITS IN THE SIDE POCKET GREAT! LOVE TO BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE DIAPER BAG WITH BABY AT GRANDMAS AND GRAB MY WALLET AND GO! SMART JU JU BE!!!!!!
See all 22 customer reviews on Amazon.com